The other Allison tagged me for this meme so here goes… (scroll down for today’s mini-post)
Four Jobs You Have Had in Your Life:
1. Cobbler: My first job ever was mending Birkenstock sandals for my neighbor who owned a Birkenstock store. It was a stinky job but someone had to do it.
2. Sonic drink girl: I had to get the drinks ready for all of the orders coming in. This job lasted about two weeks because a) I HATED IT and b) I got offered job #3 below. I am just not cut out to work in the fast food industry. And I’m ok with that.
3. Veterinary Technician: I did this from my senior year in high school through my senior year in college when I thought I wanted to go into veterinary medicine. Changed my mind about that.
4. Acquisitions Clerk for large public library system: I got this job when I decided I wanted to get my Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. It was a pretty fun job. We had a multi-million dollar budget so we were ordering TONS of books and materials. And I got to unpack all of the boxes and see all of the stuff first! I definitely had a lot of items checked out during that gig. Only bad thing was that my supervisor must have really hated me. I’m not really sure why. Seriously, I think I’m a pretty likable person and I’d never had a problem with anyone before. Anyway, she treated me like crap (giving everyone else cards on their birthday and where was my card?! Instead I got REPRIMANDED on my birthday for going online during work hours to view e-cards that people had sent me). Blech!
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. A Chorus Line: I’ve watched it so much I’ve memorized the dance steps and all of the lyrics. Still haven’t seen the musical live, though.
2. You’ve Got Mail: I just love Meg Ryan and in the movie she’s a shop owner and I’ve always wanted to be a shop owner.
3. Stepmom: I love Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon and I just really enjoyed this movie for some reason.
4. Sex and the City complete series: I know, I know. This isn’t a movie. But I really only have a handful of things that I can watch over and over again and this is definitely one of them.
Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
1. Desperate Housewives: Love the drama. Love the characters. Just love it.
2. Will and Grace: I love Megan Mullally’s character. She cracks me up. Sad to see that this is the last season!
3. King of Queens: This show cracks me up, too. Kevin James is just a funny guy. His stand-up is hilarious, too.
4. Knitty Gritty: Gotta have a knitting show on here! I just wish there were more NEW episodes. They repeat the same ones over and over and over.
Four Albums You Can’t Hear Too Often:
1. Beatles – Rubber Soul
2. Beatles – Revolver
3. Ani DiFranco – Dilate
4. Iris Dement – Infamous Angel
Four Places You Have Lived
1. Chapin, SC (a suburb of Columbia)
2. Irmo, SC (a suburb of Columbia)
3. Columbia, SC
4. That’s all. I really like it here! Born and raised! It’s nice to have the mountains or the beach just 2 hours away.
Four Places You Have Been on Vacation
Four Websites You Visit Daily
2. Yarn Harlot
4. USC School of Medicine Library (this is my job… maintaining this site)
Four of Your Favorite Foods
1. CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE
Four Places You Would Rather Be Right Now
1. In a yarn shop (with an unlimited budget)
2. At a Krispy Kreme (again with an unlimited budget)
3. On my couch, knitting
4. At the beach
Four People You’ll Tag
It seems like everyone’s already done this one so if you want it, consider yourself tagged.
Now down to business. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments about the Brioche Scarf. It was a really fun knit and it was my first foray into the brioche stitch and it’s really neat! Genius!
I’ve been consumed with some secret gift knitting right now but I promise to post some progress pics of Butterfly this weekend. I haven’t picked her up since this past weekend so you may only get two inches of her! We’ll see!
And I just got my “KNITS news” from Interweave Knits in my email. This caught my eye:
Has anyone heard about this? I looked on Oxygen’s website but didn’t see a mention of it. I’m interested to find out what it’s going to be like. I love new knitting shows!